£5 Entry Fee
Contest Theme: ‘TIME’
Time regulates our lives and our bodies. As writers, we’re always trying to find the time to create something worthwhile. Something that might stand the test of time. We want to challenge you to do just that in these coming months. From the moment this contest goes live until the last second of the deadline you need to pen one word per hour per story to make up the word count. We know some of you can write quicker than that but will your work be worthy of the £500 prize and rise above the rest to be published online? Use your time wisely and incorporate the theme into your work as best you can. It doesn’t need to be the title or even to be mentioned. We just need to see that you as a writer are aware of how time passes and that for human beings, there is always a time limit. Ours is midnight on May 15th 2021 so don’t be late!
Rules for Submissions
• Contestants may submit up to three short stories in the English language on the given theme: ‘TIME.’
• All genres and styles will be considered but contestants MUST adhere strictly to the word count of 500 (+ or - 10%).
• Work will be judged anonymously so the entrants name or details should NOT appear anywhere on the manuscript.
• The contest opens for submissions on March 1st 2021 and closes at midnight on May 15th 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
• All entries must be submitted digitally as Word or PDF files, attached to an email and sent to:
• Entrants should write: ‘Flash 500’ as the email header and provide their FULL name, postal address, telephone number and brief bio (2-3 sentences) in the body of the email.
• The entry fee of £5 GBP can be submitted via PayPal only. Click ‘Send’ on the PayPal website and enter our email address: email@example.com. You will then be able to convert your local currency to pound sterling and send.
• Shortlisted contestants will be notified by June 15th 2021 and the winner will be announced on July 1st 2021. Runner-up prizes and depth of critique will be mirrored by judges’ interest and the author’s own merit.
— — — — and just in case — — — —
• By submitting you agree to all the rules.
• Entry fees will be refunded for the winner. If the winning contestant has submitted more than one entry they will be refunded for all entries. The entry fee of £5 must be paid once for each story submitted.
• Excessively graphic or offensive content will result in the piece being disqualified.
• The winning piece may be subject to minor editing before publication. We ask for One Time Rights for the winner and Excerpt Rights for runners-up.
• Rules are subject to change if necessary except one - you must be 18+ to enter.
• Judges are considered capable of impartiality and contestants may not appeal their decision under any circumstances.
Contact - for enquiries
⭐️ PLEASE NOTE: Some of the above links are not active. You may need to enter the address in your search bar. They’re well worth checking out though...